Saturday, June 10, 2006

Followed up!

So, I had my follow up rheumatologist's appointment. She said that the MRI didn't show any erosive bone loss, which is a big plus. She also said that she still thought all my symptoms were suspicious, but that the risk of aggressive treatment far outweighed any possible benefits. She then said I should come back the next time something was swollen and told me to lose ten pounds and wear sensible shoes.

The basic summing up is that she thinks I've got it, but it's not bad, and probably won't be bad for a while. In the meantime, I'm too fat. Which is fair.

McKenzie is in Maryland, visiting her parents and her best friend. That should be good for her.

Meanwhile, the house is very quiet. The cats are moving through the shadows, and their tails occasionally intersect with my skin in strange ways. Tails on the back of the neck when I least expect it--that kind of thing. This morning, after I had dropped McKenzie at the airport and was back in bed, sleeping, Seker (alternate spelling "Sokar") licked my hand. I woke up just in time to see him tear-assing away in fear. Belial blinked at me about thirty times, as if to say, "What can you do? He's a walking cliche," before shutting his eyes with authority and beating me back into sleep by a good three seconds.

2 comments:

ASK said...

Glad to hear things aren't "so" bad.

Do you know what you're doing for Mr. Z's paper?

sadkingjonathan said...

I'm not writing a paper for 'im. Totally pro-seminar all the way.