Sunday, June 11, 2006

360 Degrees of Ping Pong

So, I finally broke down and bought an Xbox 360 last night. Sterling came over, and we were chatting. I decided that playing Rockstar's Table Tennis was just about all I wanted out of a Saturday night, and I went and made an impulse purchase of an aggregious (egregious + aggressive = aggregious) kind. I was not disappointed. Table Tennis is awesome. I haven't been this excited for a sports game since I brought Virtua Tennis home with me for the first time. I haven't been this excited about a game, period since, well, since Skies of Arcadia came out for the GameCube. I kept getting sad about how McKenzie might enjoy this game.

Perfect Dark Zero was kinda fun, but hard. We played until we spent an hour on a single level because I was unable to find a bright orange fire alarm against a grey wall.

Today, I must set down my paddle (Look! Look! Wireless ping pong paddle!) and get to work on all the stuff that I have to do this week.

7 comments:

JC! said...

Dude, if I could make impulse purchases, I would probably do the same thing. I want to play Street Fighter 2 Turbo on XBox Live.

Anonymous said...

Ping Pong only has three degrees:

0 Kelvin

Clermont-Ferrand room temperature

Hawt!

Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Hey, yeah. Good thing that thing I decided to get you for Christmas was useless until the middle of the summer.

No one wanted to sell us an Xbox360 in town. I don't know why.

Is Perfect Dark Zero as cool as I thought the first one was? Are we going to need to play it in Florida? As I recall, we spent a good portion of Destin time playing Perfect Dark and watching Steve Irwin.

:O said...

That Xbox must be pretty sweet!

ASK said...

Update your page fool. Or at least invite me over to play ping pong.

becky said...

i'm slowly creeping over to the dark side, and by 'dark side,' i mean blogger.

Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Once upon a time, I had this older brother.
Sometimes he updated his blog, before the evil, sunshiny place that is LA consumed him.
Mom still asks me questions like I know things. Impossible things. Things only a subscriber to a weblog could know.