Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cry 'Havoc,' the Beloved Country

So, I applied for my first credit card. A Shell Gas Card. I've been using one of these bad boys since I was sixteen, but the account was always an addition to my parents'. So, I decide it's time for my own. I apply online. Couple days later, they send me this note. Yes. We will give you a card. You will have 200 dollars credit. Your interest rate will be 21.99%. In other words, they told me to go find an iron pipe and sit with it in my hand until inspiration struck. Today, I get an unsolicited email from my bank. They're like, Hey! We'll give you 13,975 dollars worth of credit at 1.9%, until you screw up. Then it goes up to 6%. What's wrong with this picture? I've had this bank account for a year.

Anyway, I have a slight fever. I have constant jabbing pains in my neck and a sore throat. What's new with you?

***
Watched the first episode of Rome on McKenzie's friend's floor. It was boring. Pretty much. It did have a couple of entertaining moments. All in all, not my favorite HBO program.

***

On an unrelated note, can you imagine concealing a potentially terminal disease/syndrome from your partner/spouse and circle of friends, and then outing yourself after you are in remission? Something like: By the way, I didn't want to tell you sharks, because I thought you might scent blood in the water, but I was dying. Now, I'm better.

I've been told this is common practice.

***

Season Four of Star Trek: TNG is awfully familycentric.

***

The Go! Team album is dementedly happy. Double dutch sampling? I mean, c'mon. That's pretty rad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the disease thing...Not if it were contagious, no. Other than that, I don't think I'm personally the type to hide from my family that I have cancer or whatever, but I can understand why someone else might. My argument is that I'd want them to have time to say goodbye. Others might say they don't want to cause unnecessary suffering. I'd tell, though.

Anonymous said...

I DON'T HAVE LEPROSY

I mean, uh