Monday, February 26, 2007

The World is Full of Lies

So, today, after convincing Tomemos to come along to play softball because everyone would be there, no one showed up. Tom and I did some two-man batting practice, and I regretted hitting balls as far as I did. Indeed, held firmly in the clammy scrotal grip of this exercise in futility, I began to doubt the necessity of ever hitting a ball at all.

Despite our predicament, I feel like we had fun. One interesting outcome was the imaginary creation of Final Fantasy Baseball. (This happened when Tomemos suggested that a pop-fly I had hit straight up in the air about a quarter mile was designed to break someone's glove. I immediately thought: glovebreak.) Of course, this opens up a floodgate of SquarEnix possibilities that they have never dared to dream of.

That I could even think such a thing means EAs grip on this reality might be slipping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I even remember thinking about talking about this concept more--would you summon "Babe Ruth" and "Joe DiMaggio," or just Tiamat holding a Louisville Slugger?--and then forgot to. So I'm glad you preserved it, first in your mind and then online.

Hey, I had fun. And you helped my swing make its first halting steps (back?) to competence.