Saturday, April 22, 2006

Some words that don't concern history or class consciousness...

I seem to have passed my MA exam. I am now tentatively Master of Arts. The next step is to get together a list committee and start creating lists which will be used to create my qualifying exam questions.

My advisor turned out to be a good man to have at the exam. He directed things very well. Which I thought was surprising considering that he's pretty--what's the word?--somnolent most of the time.

I translated another movie pitch today, or, rather, last night. I'll put the finishing touches on it tomorrow. I like doing these things. For one, because it gives me a sense how little of an idea it takes to actually get something read. For two, because it takes my mind off of why in the hell I ever thought reading Lukacs ever again would be a good idea.

Don't know if Evil Dave reads this, but, if he doesn't, somebody should tell him just how funny that Secret Wars Reenactment skit was.

I've started futzing around with the novel project from November again. If you guys want to, I can slap another couple chapterlets up. I'll leave it in your hands.

6 comments:

Hamlet said...

congratulations on your masters :-)
I've spent a significant amount of time studying lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.. they're not fun things to have at ALL!
a cyst in place of lupus is really not bad news.. cheer up :-)

Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

There is no "tentative" -- only master and...not master. I guess.

In your case, it's about negative two percent likely that I don't love you. Which pretty much means that I love you. But my xanga tracky thing tells me there are a freakish lot of people who read my posts regularly that I couldn't even recognize by sight. Unless they show up in their mobform.

Love.

Anonymous said...

I recognize that this was done for effects, but I don't know that I've ever heard you search for a word before.
Way to master the arts.

ASK said...

Congrats on the masters. I guess Gelly can pull it together when there are other adults in the room.

Can you imagine what it would be like if Lukacs were your father? I imagine he would send you to an elite boarding school and then give you a hard time for not being one with the workers. I find him to be deeply creepy.

ASK said...

Oh by the way, can you link my new site. The one on Blogster. Both if you're feeling generous. I've linked you.

JC! said...

Hey, congrats on mastering those arts, dude.

Also, I like this trend of you talking to me. Keep it up!