Friday, August 04, 2006

Songs for the Def

It has begun! I sent Pat the first attempt at a little rap ditty that will hopefully kick off my first MC collabo since 1999-2000's epic "Battle of Da Worldz." Big ups to my man Jay-C, the only person who would have consented to participate in that madness. Except Zack, who does a mean backwards version of the TOS theme song on the hidden track. Big ups, also, to my Honors Introduction to Theater teacher, who gave me an A+ for a rap album made from scratch (Get it? It's a pun. An intended pun. A play on "scratching," the hip-hop term referring to sometimes virtuosic, sometimes impromptu, but always awesome performances using turntables and vinyl records played at varying speeds to achieve musical or rhythmic effects and "from scratch" an idiomatic expression meaning "with no pre-made materials." Do you get it now? God, what do I have to do, spell it out?).

Also in the news today, I took shipment on the bookcases I ordered and put together the six-shelfer that I think constitutes the absolute limit load for this room of the house. I don't think we will be buying more storage for books any time soon, and, hopefully, this prophylactic measure will prevent actual book purchases. Yeah, right.

No comments: